Obsessed with Embellishment

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

30's Flare for the 21st Century



I really love this blouse from HotPatterns (it's the Miss Moneypenny Pussycat Blouse) - it has just the right amount of soft, feminie style without being really gooey. I finshed it up today, and it's part of a Fall 2006 wardrobe.



This is an idea I learned from Diva Georgene, and it's a great way to really maximise your sewing effforts.



So far I've completed the long black skirt, which has a secret lime green lining that coordiantes with the blouse. Next up might be the Burda cardigan with the faux collar and cuffs. Gotta look for some nice black double knit.

3 Comments:

Blogger KayB said...

This is a great idea!
I wish I would be as disciplined, but there is always hope!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

Love your blog and the Diva's. I just came across you this morning. I will definitely be back.
Re the Chanel Jackets -- have you looked at Susan Khalje's classes on sewing the Chanel jacket in the couture method? She did the article on it in Threads last year. I've got picks on my blog from August cutting one out of handwoven fabric.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Lisa Laree said...

Got a question about the Trouser Skit...

I'm working on my muslin, and I noticed that the envelope shows the panels to be pretty much equal in size...that is, say, the front seams divide the skirt front into quarters. But on my muslin, the skirt is divided into thirds, with the two front pieces together equaling one third; same in the back. I looked closely at the photos with the two reviews at PR and they're both 'thirds', so it's not a tracing error on my part. I'm just wondering which is most like your old favorite skirt...was it quartered or thirded? I haven't decided if I want to leave the skirt as is or move those seams so that it's quartered...Thanks!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home